Posted January 2, 2013.
Who can attend the Charter School?
Montessori Regional Charter School is a public
elementary school (Kindergarten through 6th grade) that is open
to any child residing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as
outlined in our Charter, in the following order of preference:
- Children of founding families of the Charter
- Siblings of children enrolled at the school
- Children in the Erie and Millcreek School
Districts (chartering districts)
- All other children residing in Pennsylvania
If more students apply to the school than the
number of attendance slots available for the 2013-2014 school year,
then the students will be selected by a lottery from
the pool of qualified applicants meeting the established eligibility
criteria (above) who have submitted an application by the deadline
established by the school.
When all classroom openings have been filled,
we will maintain a waiting list by unit.
When will the Lottery be held for the 2013-2014
school year admission?
The lottery will be held at the school on Wednesday,
March 13, 2013 at 6 pm. Letters will be mailed mid-March to inform applicants of their place in the lottery.
What is the deadline for applications?
To be part of the lottery, enrollment forms
must be received in the school office no later than 4:00 pm, Friday,
March 8, 2013. Enrollment forms may be dropped off at the school office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., mailed (be sure to allow plenty of time for your forms to arrive if sending by mail) or submitted electronically. We are unable to receive forms via fax at this time.
Any and all applications received after March 8, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. will placed on the waiting list in the order in which they are received.
Note: We strongly encourage
interested families to complete and submit enrollment forms even
after the March 8th, 2013 lottery deadline. We will continue
to fill openings after the lottery from the names on the waiting
What is required for enrollment?
- 2013-2014 Pre-Enrollment Form (Coming January 2, 2013). Please complete all sections and be sure to sign and date the form.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
or any other form of verification of the child’s date
and city of birth. To be eligible for Kindergarten, a student must meet their resident school district age requirement.
- Proof of Residency in the form of one of the following: copy of a current rental or lease agreement, mortgage statement, tax statement, or current utility bill. Your driver’s license may not be submitted as proof of residency.
For more information attend our Open House
Or Contact Us
are provided in Adobe PDF format.
Click on the icon to download a free copy of Adobe Reader